Brown Eyed Little Girl

Welcome to the world of a fun & fabulous 7-YEAR-OLD!!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hurry and come out!

Remember all those caterpillars that were on that plant? Well, one by one they grew bigger and then finally crawled off the plant. I sure miss them! But whaddaya gonna do? It's nature.

At first I thought they left because they had taken offense at my calling them "worms". But my mommy told me about the whole natural process of things. Apparently, the caterpillars grow up and then hide somewhere to form a "chrysalis". It might be hanging in a hard-to-reach place, or it could even be buried! Needless to say, we did not see any of them.

UNTIL. . .Sunday!! We saw one chrysalis hanging below a window at the back of the house (photo above)! Based on what mommy told me, a butterfly should be forming and growing inside there! Hopefully we'll see evidence of this. But I'm not holdin' my breath. I'm told that the butterfly formation part can take weeks. And then when he does come out, he'll probably be sneaky about it so we don't see him! If we see anything though, I'll be sure to post about it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home